‘The school has a unique and exciting chosen approach to the delivery of the curriculum….Pupils very much enjoy these opportunities to acquire and practise different skills’ Oftsed 2017
At Kents Hill Junior School, we strive to present the best possible learning opportunities to our children and continually review and evaluate the curriculum being offered. Our curriculum is designed to meet the current and future needs and aspirations of our children as well as make the most of the learning opportunities offered on our doorstep.
We believe that a broad, balanced and creative curriculum will not only result in excellence and enjoyment but will also drive the push towards higher standards and profound life-long learning. We want to own an outstanding primary curriculum that will challenge and inspire all our pupils and prepare them for the future. We aim for all of our children to become:
- Successful learners who achieve and enjoy learning
- Confident individuals who can live safe and healthy lives
- Responsible citizens who make a positive contribution to society and achieve economic well being
- Ensures a robust curriculum that meets National Curriculum requirements
- Develops skills that are transferable and which support life-long learning
- Better equips children for their future...including changes that we cannot even anticipate now
- Provides opportunities for child-initiated learning
- Provides rich learning and teaching opportunities based on excellence and enjoyment
Our curriculum is designed to ensure that at all stages, pupils are able to apply what they have learnt towards a specified audience and purpose.